Welcome to Marcell Elementary!
The following documents will be required when you register your child. If you have any questions, please call the Marcell Front Office at (956) 323-6400.
Documents required for New Students to the District include:
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Proof of Address/Residence – refer to accepted documentation listed below.
- Immunization Records
- Parent’s Proof of Identification (Picture ID)
- Proof of Income
Below is a list of the documents which will be accepted as verification of address.
- Current utility bill in the parents’ name. No other proof of residence will be accepted other than a current, original light bill, home phone bill, water bill, or gas bill. Copies will NOT be accepted.
- If you reside outside of the area zoned to Marcell Elementary, you must request a transfer from the Student Services Department at Central Office located at 1201 Bryce Drive, Mission, Texas.
- If you reside with a relative or friend zoned to Marcell Elementary, you need to request an affidavit form from the campus principal or assistant principal. A new Affidavit Form, along with a Notice of Providing False Information, must be completed and notarized each school year.
- If you reside in an apartment and the bills are under the owner’s name, you need to request a Landlord Affidavit Form from the campus principal or assistant principal. A new Landlord Affidavit Form, along with a Notice of Providing False Information, must be completed and notarized each school year. Renter’s receipts will NOT be accepted.
Affidavits must be renewed and submitted each school year.