MCISD Student Handbook
Marcell’s goal is to provide a world-class education that prepares students for college and career. To ensure that all students are learning and thriving in a positive, safe environment, our campus has two policies related to dress codes for the 2021-2022 school year: a Uniform Policy and a Dress and Grooming Policy (Dress Code for Students).
Key points to know:
- Students in pre-kindergarten through third grades are allowed to wear shorts.
- Students in grades four and five shall be allowed to wear walking shorts that are no longer than three inches above the knee. Wind shorts and boxer shorts are not allowed.
- Pants must fit at the waist and shall not have any designs, logos, or emblems down the length of the pants.
- Pants that expose skin are not allowed, this includes torn or tethered pants.
- Skirts may be no shorter than two inches above the top of the kneecap, nor may slits in clothing extend more than two inches above the knee.
Our school staff believes that when students wear uniforms, there is an increased sense of community and pride in our school. This Uniform Policy will contribute to the health and safety of our students and to the development of a productive learning environment.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please feel free to contact our school at (956) 323-6400.
Efrain A. Zamora